Cherries are a particularly perishable fruit requiring delicate handling. Here are just a few of the things we do to ensure the highest quality:
- We move our cherries quickly from orchard to the packhouse then quickly remove the field heat via a hydro-cooler system to ensure a longer shelf life.
- We maintain the cool chain delivery at the packhouse to storage to deliver cherries of premium quality.
- We pack our cherries in our own high-tech packhouse paying particular attention to limited handling and maintaining the cool chain.
- Our packhouse has GlobalG.A.P accreditation.
- Our supervisors, managers and production staff are trained on the latest techniques of food safety and food handling.
Click here for information on varieties and timing.